these are true game asil fighters red and from a very old blood line,one of the members on the old asil club as this line of asil,if you go to youtube and put there name in you can see some of this line of asil fighting,if you get in touch with willem he will be able to tell you more about this line of asil.
Lasani means " having no equal ".It's quite popular in the Pakistani city of Jehlum, about 100km from Islamabad,the capital.It was bought to Jehlum by ustad Lateef about 40 years ago.It gained a lot of popularity,for it's fighting ability and were good looking birds.They fought in taped heel and naked heels matches. Although quite a few people have this line in Jehlum.Ustad Safdar is the most well known ,who has had a lot of success with these birds.The bird in the above picture has a single comb which come with wattles,in Pakistan they are called " bihangam" but they also come with pea combs.
Hereunder the information send to me by friend Asim from Pakistan about the Lassani Asil breed.
Willem i have attached some pic with this mail Of UStad safdar and disclosing some info about the history of Lassani breed.
Name: Ustad Safdar Hussain,
Area: Jehlum, Nogran village.
Ustad Safdar is well known for his LASSANI breed, a historical breed of Pakistan, Mr. J. Lewis ( ret. Railway Dept. officer ) has this breed before Pakistan came into existence, The color of these birds were Black and Red, after that he transfer that breed to Mr. Peter ( Railway dept. Lahore ). When Pakistan came into existence this breed is in some good hands. It’s been almost 50 years when Ustad Safdar Hussain got this Precious breed, and since then he is very successful to keep this breed in pure form.
Qualities of Lassani:
1. They are very strong Shanks hitter, also good spur hitters, when they hit spur they finish the fight with one shot.
2. They are able to produce Kari shot ( kill shots ) even in tape fights, at any time in the fight. Sometimes they finish fights with in 3 mins. (Tape fights)
3. They are around 3 kg to 7 kg in weight.
4. They produce both Bihangum and pea comb birds. Even a pair of pea comb birds can produce Bihangum.
5. Very fast and clever, even a big size bird can move fast like little naked heeler moves. able to change fighting style if requires in fight.
6. Hits accurate at head and head joint areas.
7. Feather quality is excellent as compare to other breeds, big size wings and long tail.
8. Pure black and black + red in color, light yellow shanks and beak, which turns almost off white with the age.
9. Pearl white eye with bluish shade.
10. Very very strong body structure, Hard as rock!.
11. Corns never develop in the feet’s, even if you place your birds at hard surface.
12. In 50 years they never run away from the pit, even in very hot condition or after so much punishment. They fight till death.
There is a story about Lassani breed, some old ppl use to tell that once a person made a bed of burrning coal at experiment different birds to fight on burning coal bed, all the birds run away from burning coal and didnt fight, only the Lassani breed concentrate on fight and didnt run away from burning surface.
Thanks u willem hope this information will help u and if u need any information about Bhaingums or Aseels Ustad safdar will always ready to share his experience with u.
Post last edited Aug 16th 2012
The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names
YES, the Bihangam aseel are very rare to acquire because they are heavily guarded and preserve from one generation to another in the hands of the NAWABS. They are like precious jewels. And these Nawabs do not need money in exchange for the breed.